Navigating Your Northern NH Real Estate Search
Those who love the outdoors and want to feel connected to the northern New Hampshire wilderness that includes The White Mountains, The Great North Woods, and adventure sport playgrounds, will feel right at home in northern New Hampshire. The state’s small size helps keep smaller towns in step with larger ones, making sure residents of the northern tier of NH are rich in industry and the economic benefits (no state income tax and a low unemployment rate are just a few) that make New Hampshire an ideal place to live, work, and relax. If navigating the many facets of a northern NH real estate search make you want to take a hike instead, let the crew of real estate agents and northern NH real estate relocation specialists at Verani Realty lend a hand (or drive you through) the winding country roads “North of the Notch.”
Remember why you’re moving to Northern NH
Find a community that meshes with your ideal New Hampshire lifestyle. If you love nature and wilderness, mountainside cabins abound; Check out North Conway, Lincoln, and Berlin. For those working in the booming tourism, hospitality, construction, healthcare, and technology industries, The North Country offers business opportunities in Plymouth, Gorham, and Littleton, to name a few. Waterfront homes, tiny houses, renovated farmhouses and stately luxury homes dot the landscape, offering options in communities with stellar school districts or with organically-maintained farmland. Once you understand what is driving your move, enter it into Verani Realty’s advanced online NH property locator to see what speaks to you.
Pay attention to the award winners
In addition to the accolades New Hampshire receives as a state, local awards and recommendations can be high quality options to include in your search for a new hometown. Littleton, nestled in the northern edge of the White Mountains and nicknamed “Main Street of the Mountains,” was recognized by NerdWallet as a best city for young families in NH in 2015 and Outside Magazine named it one of “America’s 10 Best Towns.” Hanover and Lebanon, nearby towns that house an Ivy League college and world-renowned medical facility, are both listed on Movoto’s list of best places to live in New Hampshire.
Stuck? Here’s where to start your northern NH real estate search
Still not sure which walkable community speaks to you? Wondering which community is closer to your new job in Conway or Berlin? This overview of some of our favorite towns for Northern NH real estate might help you get started.
- Conway: Median age is 45; median household income is $51,449; 60% of the population is college educated, and the unemployment rate is currently 3%. Explore Conway.
- Freedom: Median age is 47; median household income is $50,691; 48% of the population is college educated; and the unemployment rate is currently 5%. Explore Freedom.
- Jackson: Median age is 49; median household income is $58,517; 66% of the population is college educated; and the unemployment rate is currently at 2%. Explore Jackson.
- Intervale: Median age is 49; median household income is $50,236; 70% of the population is college educated; and the unemployment is currently 2%. Explore Intervale.
- Bartlett: Median age is 50; median household income is $53,604; 65% of the population is college educated, and the unemployment rate is currently 3%. Explore Bartlett.
Northern NH has so much to offer, and at Verani Realty, we want to ensure that moving to New Hampshire is made easy for you. Contact us at 888-723-0306 to learn more about how we can help navigate your Northern NH real estate journey.
|Previous Post||Next Post|